Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Learning to Conform- Respecting a Host Country

As we settle in to the kingdom we work on organizing our lives and reestabilshing our daily schedules.  Along with this my desire to take advantage of my environment has taken off.  We've borrowed the Rosetta Stone Arabic language sets 2 and 3 from some friends and we've ordered set 1.  I have started to study the written language and researching other online resources.

Not only is being in Saudi Arabia a good opportunity to learn another language it is a great opportunity to learn the ways of another culture.  As a guest in another country I believe it is only right for me to do what I can to conform to their way rather than them try to accomodate my language, my customs, my preferences.  Now while it is easy to dive into a new language and culture it isn't near as easy for me to adopt new foods hahaha.  I LOVE my food so adapting a new taste might just be harder than learning Arabic.

In the meantime, let's learn another language!

Arabic for Beginners


1 comment:

  1. Good luck! :D I don't envy you on the food thing or the prayer time thing!

    ReplyDelete