Saturday, November 17, 2012

Catching Up- Blogging with a Sense of Urgency (April)

Where has the time gone?!?!?!?
My last entry into this blog of wonders was in March so I hang my head and admit total failure in the blogging hobby!
SO, let's blow the dust off of this thing and pick up where I left off in March (ugh...)

Almost one year into our lives in Arabia and I have yet to become complacent with our new way of life.  Each passing day I have been grateful for and as discussions rise about moving away, I become very saddened.   Anyway, before I move into all of that jazz let's go back to April-ish and pick up from there.

APRIL 2012

Trip to the Red Sea!  Oh yeah, baby!

Trip to the Red Sea- Al Sooda, AKA "The Escarpment" Abha, Asir, Saudi Arabia
  Road lines mean NOTHING here.  We all have to die some time....

 Please take note: Drive as far on the shoulder (safely) as you can... It IS your safest bet!!!!

The floating faucet... Cool, in a psychedelic hippy sort of way :o)

Welcome to the Red Sea!!!
 The best time to go is winter and early spring.  The water is PERFECT!

 Beautiful picture until you realize someone is throwing a punch....

 I can't even remember how many times I attempted to rinse these two off!

 Even the dogs love it!

 Not sure why I put this picture... Oh well, it's here to stay HA!

 Many of the beaches are littered :o(

 Oh my, look what the tide washed in... HA!

 BEAUTIFUL!

 Our dog, Khamis :o)

 Sand creature

 Water monsters

 Palm trees <3

 Convenient beach side parking ;o)

 4-year-old LOVING his adventure!

 Just now noticing a trend with this kid.... (BTW, yes, he is mine haha)

 Sand creature #2

 I wish I could express the beauty here... The picture does not do this moment justice.

 Seriously people, when coming down this way watch out for the "Sandstroms"!!!

 Another couple of shots of the floating faucet :o)

Our time spent at the Red Sea was a totally awesome experience.  To look at it and associate the history behind it is absolutely amazing.  The kids loved it and I most certainly loved it.  MANY expats here in Khamis Mushayt have taken scuba diving classes and go to the sea often to scuba dive.  I was one of these expats pursuing the certification until I blew my eardrum out :oP
I pray that I will have the opportunity to scuba dive the Red Sea but we shall is Insha'Allah.


1 comment:

  1. You named your dog Khamis Lol that's funny
    I'm Mubarak , Saudi young man living in Khamis for 25 years actually since birth
    I sent a request to your Facebook page , I can give help anytime
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete