Thursday, December 22, 2011

Gal Pal's Cruising K-Town- Introduction to Public Segregation

Tonight I was invited by my my gal pal, Allyson to come along with her and her husband to do some shopping.  I was having a blast as I discovered many new stores and sites.  There are many of the same types of stores for instance there are more furniture stores than I can count!  Our first stop was to a stationary store so I thought, "HEY!  Maybe I can find some resources in my quest of learning arabic!"  So I wandered around the store noticing a familiar trend... There is book after book of learning english yet not a one for learning arabic.  So I ventured on taking a look-see at what else this store had to offer.  I came across these little boxes that you could grow different flowers or herbs from.  I picked up the box which you could grow roses from and I started reading it.  I couldn't help but burst out laughing as I was caught off guard by what this box had to say...
It read,
"When my wife and lover together, to create love.  Love must have flowers, so that two flowers are, although they left out of the flowers opened, on behalf of a passionate lover of the red, a gentle lover on behalf of the white, but they have the same name--- Rose."

NOW THAT IS ROMANCE!  HAHA!

So we continue on our adventure in Khamis or now known by me as K-Town.  Our next stop is the 5 Riyal store or better known to us USA folks as the dollar store!!!  WHAHOO!  Now this has to be good right?!?!?!

As we walked in my eyes widened... Oh my does this place look fun!

Allyson, Edgar and myself paroozed the store looking for any treasures that seemed irresistible :o)

Walking along Allyson and I stumbled upon something that would make our husbands look totally rockin'  and best of all we got Edgar onboard with our idea....
Now if we could get Mike on board for wearing this same hat into work the next morning hahahaha.  Is it just me or does Edgar totally look like Mr. Freeze off of The Incredibles?  Bahahaha!!!

Our next and final stop was at Yam Yams, this is kind of like an chicken sandwich version of Wendy's back in the States.  As Allyson and I approached the building I noticed two doors.  I almost went into the one closest to us but Allyson kept walking.  I nearly went into the MEN's side of the restaurant!!!  Whoopsie!  Allyson and I have to enter through the "family section".  Here in Saudi Arabia men and women are very much segregated and are not allowed to sit in the same room as one another unless they are a family.  If women enter alone they must sit in the family section.
 No, this isn't a changing room... These are family booths in a restaurant.

 Allyson being mysterious in our booth.

As you can see the family booths aren't very spacious....

So the time came for us to collect our food and head back home.  We were all adventured out and ready to call it a night.  Now to see if we can get the guys to suit up in their Spiderman caps for work HAHA!





No comments:

Post a Comment